- Tiger Band
- Golden Girls
- Prospective Students
- Summer Camps
- Music Educators
- About LSU Bands
LSU Graduate Wind Conducting Program
LSU offers both masters and doctoral degrees in wind conducting. The LSU Band Department provides a comprehensive experience for graduate conductors, including working within three concert ensembles, chamber ensemble, and all aspects of the Athletic Band Program. Specific degree requirements can be found at: http://www.music.lsu.edu/Prospective/Graduate/Degrees.html#M
Note: There are no available assistantships until fall 2014, however applications will be considered for fall 2013.
Prescreening Audition Procedures:
1. Interested candidates must complete the required application to the LSU Graduate School and School of Music here.
2. Submit the following prescreening materials to the Director of Bands.
a. A face to the camera video. The video should be approximately 30 minutes in length and include 15 minutes of rehearsal and 15 minutes of performance. The repertoire is the applicant's choice, but should represent a variety of styles.
b. A repertoire list of pieces conducted in performance
c. Curriculum Vitae
d. The prescreening materials should be sent to:
Louisiana State University
Attn: Dr. Damon Talley, Director of Bands
292 Band Hall
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
3. Based on the prescreening materials, selected applicants will be invited to an on-campus audition that will take place in February of 2013.
1. Invited applicants will complete a 20-minute audition with the LSU Wind Ensemble or Symphonic Winds. The audition repertoire will be chosen in consultation with the candidate and the wind conducting faculty.
2. An interview with the Band Faculty.
3. The Director of Bands and the LSU School of Music will notify the accepted applicants.